The Double-Wide Garage is a prefabricated garage built large enough to accommodate multiple vehicles. This style of garage is built and delivered in two pieces that are then joined together on site to create the finished building. Besides vehicle storage, this design of prefabricated garage is perfect for use as a woodworking, mechanical, or other workshop. With sizes from 24x24 to 28x40*, the Double-Wide Garage offers almost endless options for the needs of any property. (If you don't need quite this much space, check out our single-car garage sheds and garages with lofts. For additional info on Double-Wide Garage sizes and pricing, see our articles on 2 car garage dimensions and modular garage prices.)
All the prefabricated garages we build are designed to handle decades of heavy use. The heavy-duty floor features joists spaced at 12" on-center, covered with 3/4" plywood for extra strength. To prevent any deterioration caused by moisture in the ground, we only use pressure treated wood for the skids and joists under our prefabricated garages. The building exteriors are covered with either metal or treated wood, which have 40-year and limited lifetime warranties, respectively.
Thanks to our specialized shed hauling equipment we're able to deliver prefabricated garages in Pittsburgh, Erie, Millcreek, Hermitage, Butler, Cranberry Township, New Castle, Meadville, Oil City, and other towns throughout western Pennsylvania. We'll even deliver Double-Wide Garages across state lines to Youngstown, Boardman, and Warren, OH and the surrounding areas!
Features of the Double-Wide Garage include:
- Pressure-treated skids and joists to resist moisture and rot from the ground
- Your choice of siding - pressure treated 5/8" wood siding or metal with a 40-year warranty
- Your choice of roofing - shingles, metal, or copper
- Floor joists placed at 12" on-center
- Heavy duty flooring to support your belongings - 3/4" comes standard on all prefabricated garages
- 2 - 9'x7' garage doors
- Diamond steel tread plate at the door to protect the floor and keep out water
- 36" wide pedestrian door with locking door latch for security
- 2 - 24"x36" windows
- Side walls at 8’ high
- See a full list of our building features here
* Note that 28’ wide buildings are subject to an additional Department of Transportation (DOT) permit charge.